Friday, May 22, 2009

Spring Planting

I spent the day today helping my mom shop for and plant flowers for her new pots. We went up to the Smiths on 3300 S. (the BEST place to go around here. they seriously have TONS of flowers to choose from and they always hold up really well) While we were looking around I decided to pick up a few herbs (I got basil, oregano, Italian parsley, and rosemary) to start my herb garden I have been wanting to do forever. It is always so frustrating because when I cook I like to use fresh herbs but they are always so expensive to buy fresh from the grocery store and sometimes hard to find. I still want to go back and get some cilantro to put in the last pot and then also make some little labels for them. I'm excited but hopefully I can keep them alive long enough to actually use some of the herbs!

My mom's pots turned out SO pretty! She found the pots at Sam's Club and decided to plant Hydrangeas in them and put one each of the patios. She always does such a good job putting them together every year!

2 comments:

Colton said...

sorry the Basil died but it was good

Callie said...

hahaha thanks colton