Friday, May 15, 2009

Latest project...


During my break from school my mom and I decided to redocorate my room. I love changing up my room! I have been wanting to do something really simple and pretty. I decided on doing all white bedding with our dark wood furniture, shiny silver hardware, and just a touch of light pink. My mom and I decided to go get this dresser from IKEA and do a few other projects to get my room completely finished off. Sounded like a good idea at the time:) We brought it home and started unloading the boxes... about 300 little pieces, 42 steps, and 4 hours later my mom and I had built the dresser! It was totally worth it though! I was a little worried with it being IKEA that it wouldn't fit together perfectly or that it might look cheap but I must say I really like it. We also switched out the IKEA handles for some dressier ones which made a big difference. We got a mirror to go above it that we still need to hang and another one just like it that we turned the other way for a full length mirror. I also still need to find a vase for the pink peonies (if anyone finds a pretty one let me know;)I'll post more pictures of the whole room after everything is done!

2 comments:

stacy h. said...

How fun Callie! Ikea stuff is always ridiculous to assemble! We have a corner book case in our basement from ikea and it was truely a nightmare. Sean said so many swear words! Haha! But it looks great and same with your dresser. I agree with changing hardware, it makes such a big difference. For sure post pictures of the finished room!

MD said...

Your bedroom sounds darling! I love the white idea it always looks so clean and fresh and new! The dresser it beautiful! I love how many drawers it has...that always comes in handy! :) Jenn and I LOVE peony's...they will be so pretty in your room. I'm not sure what kind of vase you are looking for but we found a wide variety of clear ones at Michael's.? Love your room! :)