Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A change of plans...

So I had originally decided I was going to take a few classes this summer but at the last minute I decided to take the summer off from school after such a crazy semester last semester. Because it is so competitive to get into the business program, I would have had to retake a few classes over the summer and next fall and apply again. I have been feeling so burned out on school lately and am definitely feeling ready to be done! I thought about choosing a new major but didn't want to have to completely start over again because I have already taken so many business classes. After reevaluating things, I have decided to major in economics and maybe do a minor in business. Because economics is so closely related to business, all of the classes I have taken so far fit into a slot and I will actually end up being able to take this summer off and then only have eight more classes to take in economics and four more in business (if I decide to do the minor). Which means I will graduate either next May or at the end of next fall. This sounds ALOT better to me and I am very excited to finally have a definite plan and have things all figured out!
Because I am not going to school this summer, I decided to find a summer job (don't worry Jodee I will still have time to come play with Avery:) I got a job at the Sports Mall today and I will be working at the front desk. I am excited to be working there because I know everybody and it is always such a fun atmosphere there during the summer.

4 comments:

T is for Teresa said...

Callie what a great plan. A break is a good thing. Yea for you...have a fun summer! Oh, and enjoy the pay check! (wink)

b lovely said...

Yeah that sounds like a pretty good summer! I bet you're way more excited about this plan! :D

stacy h. said...

summer at the sports mall, sounds great callie! i know you have worked hard in school, it will be nice to have the break, and the extra shopping cash!

jodeeharris said...

props to callie on graduating from college in under 10 years! You make it look so easy... ;)

see you on wed!